CUNTS CORNER TWITTER ACCOUNT ID @CuntsCorner ×
Donations towards site upkeep will be thankfully received and faithfully applied....

ONE DIRECTION (down) lol

King Billy

7 minutes ago, camberwell gypsy said:

Yeah. He lived down Camberwell Grove. Cleese lived down there too. My aunt used to clean for him. He gave her a signed MP annual. 

Anyway, used to get in there on thursday nights after work at the hospital. All good until the fucking weirdos from the art college got in there at 10. Paying for their half a bitter with a cheque 

Wow, Hampstead in Camberwell Grove.   Camberwell School of Art is a fucking waste of time - so is Goldsmiths IMHO.   Didn't Glenda Jackson have a house there?   That arty crowd could afford it then.  Of course, that was before the house prices shot up.   Now you'd have to be in the multi millionaire bracket to buy in that area.    There's some very nice low rise council flats further up the hill on the left on the way to Dog Kennel Hill School then going downhill those soulless estates you mention.    

1 hour ago, ChildeHarold said:

Wow, Hampstead in Camberwell Grove.   Camberwell School of Art is a fucking waste of time - so is Goldsmiths IMHO.   Didn't Glenda Jackson have a house there?   That arty crowd could afford it then.  Of course, that was before the house prices shot up.   Now you'd have to be in the multi millionaire bracket to buy in that area.    There's some very nice low rise council flats further up the hill on the left on the way to Dog Kennel Hill School then going downhill those soulless estates you mention.    

Where abouts are you?

12 hours ago, camberwell gypsy said:

Where abouts are you?

Well out of it now but I often go back but there's little left in way of boozers in Bermondsey and Rotherhithe.   Somebody should write a proper history of the pubs round there.   Some funny stories and a few of them involving old bill. 

1 hour ago, ChildeHarold said:

Well out of it now but I often go back but there's little left in way of boozers in Bermondsey and Rotherhithe.   Somebody should write a proper history of the pubs round there.   Some funny stories and a few of them involving old bill. 

I can make a long list of pubs in the Peckham, Bermondsey and Rotherhithe that have disappeared. 

Theres a website that looks at all of the London pubs that have disappeared. The lists are in postcode order so easy to follow. I'm sure theres a few you used to drink in 

3 minutes ago, camberwell gypsy said:

I can make a long list of pubs in the Peckham, Bermondsey and Rotherhithe that have disappeared. 

Theres a website that looks at all of the London pubs that have disappeared. The lists are in postcode order so easy to follow. I'm sure theres a few you used to drink in 

Yeah I know it.   I'll get back with a list of those that stick out in my mind we can talk about. 

Just now, ChildeHarold said:

Yeah I know it.   I'll get back with a list of those that stick out in my mind we can talk about. 

The Crystal Tavern, round the corner from what is now Surrey Quays shopping centre , was a favourite for the paddies and gyppos. Many a fight broke out in there. Now a black church. 

Is China Hall still there? Used to have a few in there in the 80s before going to parties which the nurses who lived in digs at those big houses along from there used to throw. Remember getting 'take aways' from there for these do's.

1 hour ago, camberwell gypsy said:

The Crystal Tavern, round the corner from what is now Surrey Quays shopping centre , was a favourite for the paddies and gyppos. Many a fight broke out in there. Now a black church. 

Is China Hall still there? Used to have a few in there in the 80s before going to parties which the nurses who lived in digs at those big houses along from there used to throw. Remember getting 'take aways' from there for these do's.

Not been in there, near Crystal Bridge Surey Docks.  There's the rotten Osprey Estate next door probably overrun with recent arrivals now.  Surrey Docks Tavern on the corner.  It was always volatile round there.   Lot of afternoon piss heads now especially in the summer. The China Hall closed but I think it's re-opened as a "boutique" pub.   There was St Olaves Hospital across the road which had I think a Nurses Residence on the grounds, most of the girls then were white, quite a few Irish girls.   I had an operation in there in the 1970s.  I remember the doctor using a permanent marker to draw lines on me where he was going to cut the night before.   I'm still 'ere!  Michael Caine was born there.   Now a Housing Association estate.   Perfectly good local hospital before.