CUNTS CORNER TWITTER ACCOUNT ID @CuntsCorner ×
Donations towards site upkeep will be thankfully received and faithfully applied....

Would you buy a Tesla?

Miles

The climate change advocate's perfect car .. The leftie's Ideal car .. yet Elon Musk is endorsing Donald Trump and driving a far right agenda that is hostile to his prize product .. personally if I was going to buy a car now I would look for a good used Matiz or a Trabant. Would you buy a Tesla?

28 minutes ago, Mrs Roops said:

I drove a KIA Niro EV for a week whilst waiting for a replacement works vehicle. TBF the car was a delight to drive but the range anxiety was off the scale, so no.

Range anxiety will be an issue until 500 miles + range and 15 minutes from 10% to full charge are available.

2 hours ago, Miles said:

Range anxiety will be an issue until 500 miles + range and 15 minutes from 10% to full charge are available.

Dream on...

Isn't that what British Rail was for?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Mrs Roops said:

I drove a KIA Niro EV for a week whilst waiting for a replacement works vehicle. TBF the car was a delight to drive but the range anxiety was off the scale, so no.

That's a technical issue, I think Miles was referring to the appeal of his cars to a certain type of consumer and his political views and comments which appear contradictory.   Anyway, I'm sure Henry Ford's Model T had range issues too when it first rolled out the factory.  However, the electric car seems to be faltering.  I can't see how people can be forced into buying stuff that is clearly too expensive and poor value for money plus highly inconvenient like electric cars and heat pumps.  I heard on the TV the essential ingredient of car ownership is freedom, if you haven't got that it's pants.  I don’t see why the maximum engine size can't be limited to 1.6.   The gas guzzlers are obscene and should be buried. 

By the way, could you delete the top three images on my attachments which leaves just my Avatar image and the Lycra Bum image in place. 

Many thanks. 

31 minutes ago, ChildeHarold said:

That's a technical issue, I think Miles was referring to the appeal of his cars to a certain type of consumer and his political views and comments which appear contradictory.   Anyway, I'm sure Henry Ford's Model T had range issues too when it first rolled out the factory.  However, the electric car seems to be faltering.  I can't see how people can be forced into buying stuff that is clearly too expensive and poor value for money plus highly inconvenient like electric cars and heat pumps.  I heard on the TV the essential ingredient of car ownership is freedom, if you haven't got that it's pants.  I don’t see why the maximum engine size can't be limited to 1.6.   The gas guzzlers are obscene and should be buried. 

By the way, could you delete the top three images on my attachments which leaves just my Avatar image and the Lycra Bum image in place. 

Many thanks. 

That's a technical issue

That would be an economical matter

22 hours ago, camberwell gypsy said:

That's a technical issue

That would be an economical matter

What's the value of a five year old ev?   The scrappage on these cars when all that's wrong is the battery must be enormous.   Will any Tesla be a classic car in forty years time? 

7 minutes ago, ChildeHarold said:

What's the value of a five year old ev?   The scrappage on these cars when all that's wrong is the battery must be enormous.   Will any Tesla be a classic car in forty years time? 

H! I bought a ‘21 i3s beemer for Ming the other week. She whizzes around London like a blue arse fly! It’s a really horrible looking thing, but she was absolutely determined to go all electric. 14k I paid. Someone, somewhere, has lost 63.6% of its showroom value in two years. For me, driving is all about freedom, do you know what I mean? 

2 minutes ago, Frank said:

H! I bought a ‘21 i3s beemer for Ming the other week. She whizzes around London like a blue arse fly! It’s a really horrible looking thing, but she was absolutely determined to go all electric. 14k I paid. Someone, somewhere, has lost 63.6% of its showroom value in two years. For me, driving is all about freedom, do you know what I mean? 

"determined to go all electric" - what, EVERYTHING? 🤔 

6 minutes ago, Frank said:

Shut up, you B&M Laurence Fox wanker.

3 minutes ago, ChildeHarold said:

Another rail reference?  I'm seeing, fifty year old ASLEF train driver.   Two hols a year.  Benidorm.    Normally works the Brighton line.  Respect. 

Most of the Class 87s are now in Bulgaria.