CUNTS CORNER TWITTER ACCOUNT ID @CuntsCorner ×
Donations towards site upkeep will be thankfully received and faithfully applied....

Darkside hacking group makes a half arsed apology

Guest Weary&Disgusted

Guest Weary&Disgusted

The Darkside hacking group who used ransomware to close down the operation of the Colonial Oil pipeline have issued a statement on their website which is curiously like a half apology, saying that their goal is purely to make money, and that it was not their intention to cause problems for society.  

This is complete bullshit.  Despite denials to the contrary, analysts have found that some of their programmes use Russian script.  I personally believe that this is an act of war by Russia, disguised to appear as merely a criminal enterprise.  

It won't happen because we are too soft in the West, but I would love to see bounties placed on the heads of everyone involved in the Darkside gang, if they are eventually able to determine their identities.  We need to start getting serious about the way we respond to these attacks.  

I read that the Republic of Ireland's health service systems has also been hit by ransomware (not confirmed yet whether this is work of affiliates of Dark side or not).  Glad to see that they have refused to pay the ransom, maybe there is hope yet.  

This really is a wake up call for the Western democracies.  It seems to me that the war has already started with the SolarWinds attack.  The West needs to harden their cyber defences and create systems which can better trace malware back to origin points.  I for one would shed no tears if the vermin involved in ransomware were quietly traced and executed.  

5 minutes ago, Weary&Disgusted said:

The Darkside hacking group who used ransomware to close down the operation of the Colonial Oil pipeline have issued a statement on their website which is curiously like a half apology, saying that their goal is purely to make money, and that it was not their intention to cause problems for society.  

This is complete bullshit.  Despite denials to the contrary, analysts have found that some of their programmes use Russian script.  I personally believe that this is an act of war by Russia, disguised to appear as merely a criminal enterprise.  

It won't happen because we are too soft in the West, but I would love to see bounties placed on the heads of everyone involved in the Darkside gang, if they are eventually able to determine their identities.  We need to start getting serious about the way we respond to these attacks.  

I read that the Republic of Ireland's health service systems has also been hit by ransomware (not confirmed yet whether this is work of affiliates of Dark side or not).  Glad to see that they have refused to pay the ransom, maybe there is hope yet.  

This really is a wake up call for the Western democracies.  It seems to me that the war has already started with the SolarWinds attack.  The West needs to harden their cyber defences and create systems which can better trace malware back to origin points.  I for one would shed no tears if the vermin involved in ransomware were quietly traced and executed.  

Whilst not 100% accurate, your thrust is well directed. Their attacks, it seems, never target Russian language based systems. Tells you everything you need to know really. 

It's a new Cold war fought without bullets. 

15 minutes ago, Weary&Disgusted said:

I think the film Goldeneye is a good indicator of what could be achievable

Guest Weary&Disgusted
8 hours ago, Eric Cuntman said:

What the fuck are you on about you wine addled tart?

Its a voodoo thing.  Shango is one of the Loa from the Yoruban pantheon.  

10 hours ago, Weary&Disgusted said:

Its a voodoo thing.  Shango is one of the Loa from the Yoruban pantheon.  

Papa Shango was a WWF wrestler in the 90s who’s act was voodo. He used to set his opponents feet on fire before the fighting started. He’s was a big cunt as well

Guest Weary&Disgusted
58 minutes ago, Stubby Pecker said:

Papa Shango was a WWF wrestler in the 90s who’s act was voodo. He used to set his opponents feet on fire before the fighting started. He’s was a big cunt as well

Didn't know that !  Thanks Stubbs.  

Guest Weary&Disgusted

Update : Colonial caved in and decided to pay the ransom of 75 bitcoins.  I'm really depressed by this, I think it sets a very dangerous precedent.  It is just going to embolden any hacking group who can get their hands on the software.  

Really would like to see all gang members turn up dead in the near future.  An attack on important national infrastructure should be considered as an act of war, and those involved should be treated as enemy combatants.  

15 hours ago, Stubby Pecker said:

I had to put up with WWF as all my kids were into it. I've still got a bag of wrestlers which my two grandsons play with. Papa Shango has an arm missing though. 

Guest Cocky Council Cake
1 hour ago, Weary&Disgusted said:

Update : Colonial caved in and decided to pay the ransom of 75 bitcoins.  I'm really depressed by this, I think it sets a very dangerous precedent.  It is just going to embolden any hacking group who can get their hands on the software.  

Really would like to see all gang members turn up dead in the near future.  An attack on important national infrastructure should be considered as an act of war, and those involved should be treated as enemy combatants.  

75 Bitcoins? That doesn't sound like a lot, the dopey fuckers should have had Barry Hearn making the demands.