CUNTS CORNER TWITTER ACCOUNT ID @CuntsCorner ×
Donations towards site upkeep will be thankfully received and faithfully applied....

Guest Weary&Disgusted

Guest Weary&Disgusted

The open nature of the free market creates opportunities for trade, and enterprise, and makes the UK economy nimble and flexible enough to weather the storms of unforseen problems and fluctuations.  

However, the UK's free market approach has also become a potential vulnerability due to the recent behaviour of China, Russia and North Korea.  When conventional warfare is not possible, the struggle for dominance/survival becomes more covert.  In place of physical skirmishing, there is now economic warfare and a race for technological superiority.  

The UK is starting to wake up to the danger, but unfortunately a lot of damage has already been done.  In 2017, a firm called Canyon Bridge Partners, based in the Cayman Islands bought Imagination Technologies, a British firm which designed computer chips.  99% of the money for the buy came from an organisation called China Reform, which was backed by the Chinese Government.  Canyon Bridge Partners tried to take further steps earlier this year by attempting to install new directors with connections to China Reform.  

The Foreign Affairs Select Committee was alerted to the case and some of the changes were stopped, but this is probably just the tip of the iceberg.  Germany are a lot more aware of the problem and have already started to pass laws from back in 2017 to limit the extent to which other nations can purchase stock in technology companies, in order to mitigate against the theft of intellectual property.  

Britain needs to become a lot less trusting and open and a bit more cynical when it comes to company control.  China and other hostile states are playing the long game.  If they have to spend a few million now in order to cherry pick some cutting edge tech firms and achieve technological parity in 6 years time, they will see that as money well spent.  

The UK must not be seduced by the short term benefits of wads of cash, otherwise we risk ceding control to other nations who would be happy to make us a vassal state.  We also run the risk of having hostile powers controlling our energy and communications grids, whether to glean information and eavesdrop, or even worse, to shut down power generators to cripple the country.  

I love this country, but I see it sleepwalking into catastrophe in so many different ways.  I think we need a few more people with nasty suspicious, cynical, paranoid minds in government.  Do any CC members fancy becoming MPs ?  Your country needs you more than ever.  

15 minutes ago, Dawn Chorus said:

Sadly I think that old @PANZER MURPHYwas right after all .. UK PLC is done for, much of our infrastructure and industryis owned by the Germans, French, Indias and Japanese large swathes of London and other cities are owned by the Arabs .. all the family silver was sold off years ago.

Nearer to you than me. I am keeping a close eye on EDF's financing of Hinkley Point. Here, there is some concern that they are getting into bed with the Chinks. Whatever happens, the U.K. public will be the losers. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Witheredscrote said:

Nearer to you than me. I am keeping a close eye on EDF's financing of Hinkley Point. Here, there is some concern that they are getting into bed with the Chinks. Whatever happens, the U.K. public will be the losers. 

Its about halfway between me and Stubby .. I now see it as my first line of defence.

52 minutes ago, Weary&Disgusted said:

The open nature of the free market creates opportunities for trade, and enterprise, and makes the UK economy nimble and flexible enough to weather the storms of unforseen problems and fluctuations.  

However, the UK's free market approach has also become a potential vulnerability due to the recent behaviour of China, Russia and North Korea.  When conventional warfare is not possible, the struggle for dominance/survival becomes more covert.  In place of physical skirmishing, there is now economic warfare and a race for technological superiority.  

The UK is starting to wake up to the danger, but unfortunately a lot of damage has already been done.  In 2017, a firm called Canyon Bridge Partners, based in the Cayman Islands bought Imagination Technologies, a British firm which designed computer chips.  99% of the money for the buy came from an organisation called China Reform, which was backed by the Chinese Government.  Canyon Bridge Partners tried to take further steps earlier this year by attempting to install new directors with connections to China Reform.  

The Foreign Affairs Select Committee was alerted to the case and some of the changes were stopped, but this is probably just the tip of the iceberg.  Germany are a lot more aware of the problem and have already started to pass laws from back in 2017 to limit the extent to which other nations can purchase stock in technology companies, in order to mitigate against the theft of intellectual property.  

Britain needs to become a lot less trusting and open and a bit more cynical when it comes to company control.  China and other hostile states are playing the long game.  If they have to spend a few million now in order to cherry pick some cutting edge tech firms and achieve technological parity in 6 years time, they will see that as money well spent.  

The UK must not be seduced by the short term benefits of wads of cash, otherwise we risk ceding control to other nations who would be happy to make us a vassal state.  We also run the risk of having hostile powers controlling our energy and communications grids, whether to glean information and eavesdrop, or even worse, to shut down power generators to cripple the country.  

I love this country, but I see it sleepwalking into catastrophe in so many different ways.  I think we need a few more people with nasty suspicious, cynical, paranoid minds in government.  Do any CC members fancy becoming MPs ?  Your country needs you more than ever.  

It’s a combination of globalisation with open-ended capital flows, short-termism, profiteering, corruption, opportunism and every cunt under the sun extracting wealth while the sun shines. With the end of growth, globalisation got shot in the head and will unravel in slow motion. Eyes will be firmly fixed on future politicians and business operators alike, with sweet deals of the past attracting ever more scrutiny and future sales/IPOs more obstacles. 
Healthy paranoia is essential is changing the system. I wonder how long before we have capital controls back in the system.

Guest Weary&Disgusted
1 hour ago, Witheredscrote said:

A very good nom indeed, and in no way would I derail it, but can you please tell me if Readers Digest have released the condensed version yet?

Okay, next time, I will try to be more concise !

1 hour ago, Weary&Disgusted said:

"seduced by wads of cash" is the achilles heel of your argument

4 hours ago, Weary&Disgusted said:

Punkers could stand as Harvey Proctor Jr.

5 hours ago, Weary&Disgusted said:

The UK must not be seduced by the short term benefits of wads of cash, otherwise we risk ceding control to other nations who would be happy to make us a vassal state. 

Far too serious a post for t’Corner....but your appeal for people to look beyond short term profit is like farting into a hurricane. Spivs, chancers and speculators run the show now old boy. The electorate have been warned countless times about the risks of this, but as long as their house price increased and they could afford two weeks in Magaluf, who gives a fuck. The loft will be collapsing with all those pigeons coming home to roost.

On 28/08/2020 at 19:42, Dawn Chorus said:

Sadly I think that old @PANZER MURPHYwas right after all .. UK PLC is done for, much of our infrastructure and industryis owned by the Germans, French, Indias and Japanese large swathes of London and other cities are owned by the Arabs .. all the family silver was sold off years ago.

Is that the silver the Normans plundered "years ago"? 

• 1 year later...
On 30/08/2020 at 13:24, Cillian Murphy said:

Oh, I can see what you have done there. You`re implying I cant read. How very droll, your whit and humour is outstanding.

WTF HAS HAPPENED TO THIS SITE

15 months of this crap yet you’re still here spouting the same, dull drivel. Didn't someone kill this mutant earlier this year? @Eric Cuntman