CUNTS CORNER TWITTER ACCOUNT ID @CuntsCorner ×
Donations towards site upkeep will be thankfully received and faithfully applied....

If you could run the U.K.

Guest Weary&Disgusted

6 hours ago, camberwell gypsy said:

Most patients are selfish, narcissistic cunts. Try telling the ones who are always not turning up for appointments that their utter cuntyness is costing the NHS fucking millions every year; they're not fucking bothered. The DM2 patients are the worst. Try getting them in for their check ups. Not fucking bothered even if you explain to them they'll go blind. 

On the other hand Gyps there’s nothing like a few DNAs to make your day. I mean, jabbing at some tubby guts’ sweaty trotters in the name of diabetic neuropathy screening can’t possibly compete with a cup of coffee, fondant fancy and a good long stare out of the window. And it’s about as useful, let’s be honest. 

24 minutes ago, Last Cunt Standing said:

On the other hand Gyps there’s nothing like a few DNAs to make your day. I mean, jabbing at some tubby guts’ sweaty trotters in the name of diabetic neuropathy screening can’t possibly compete with a cup of coffee, fondant fancy and a good long stare out of the window. And it’s about as useful, let’s be honest. 

The nurses have that lovely task. I've been on triage and as  well as trying to bring patients in for their check ups for our QoF figures.  

4 minutes ago, camberwell gypsy said:

The nurses have that lovely task. I've been on triage and as  well as trying to bring patients in for their check ups for our QoF figures.  

I thought QoF had been suspended this year for the ‘Rona? I don’t miss that shit. Phoning all the depressives on March 31st for a “review”. What a load of evidence-free bollocks. My favourite wheeze was the mass SMS to all registered smokers on New Years Eve asking them to give up tabs. Ker-Ching! “Smoking cessation advice” probably serviced my car for a few years. 

33 minutes ago, Last Cunt Standing said:

I thought QoF had been suspended this year for the ‘Rona? I don’t miss that shit. Phoning all the depressives on March 31st for a “review”. What a load of evidence-free bollocks. My favourite wheeze was the mass SMS to all registered smokers on New Years Eve asking them to give up tabs. Ker-Ching! “Smoking cessation advice” probably serviced my car for a few years. 

It has but, apparently we have points protection or whatever, but we can't just say "fuck it, let's not bother". We still have a duty to bring in patients for reviews. It still wouldn't surprise me if, during the 2020/21 QoF campaign we get shafted somewhere along the line. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, camberwell gypsy said:

It has but, apparently we have points protection or whatever, but we can't just say "fuck it, let's not bother". We still have a duty to bring in patients for reviews. It still wouldn't surprise me if, during the 2020/21 QoF campaign we get shafted somewhere along the line. 

Too right. The CQC are mobilising as we speak, ready to get Partners on the rack over their lack of a robust ladder policy or for not having a Scooby what goes in a Tigerstripe bag (it’s not tigers). And no doubt some desk wallah at the CCG is coming up with yet another contractual wheeze to keep them in HobNobs for another financial year. My sympathy Gyps. It could and should be so so different. 

7 hours ago, Last Cunt Standing said:

Too right. The CQC are mobilising as we speak, ready to get Partners on the rack over their lack of a robust ladder policy or for not having a Scooby what goes in a Tigerstripe bag (it’s not tigers). And no doubt some desk wallah at the CCG is coming up with yet another contractual wheeze to keep them in HobNobs for another financial year. My sympathy Gyps. It could and should be so so different. 

The CQC are just a bunch of nazis.

On 08/06/2020 at 14:01, Roadkill said:

But the first one will be targeted at France, yeah? If the wind is blowing right  (we might have to reverse the rotation of the planet first)  we can enjoy the offshore light show as all of their nuclear power plants go up in a chain reaction.

We have enough of our own decommissioned nuclear power stations to worry about. I have just been reading about one near Gloucester that opened in 1968 and was finally de-commissioned in 2012. There were problems because steel corrosion within weeks of it opening and it power output had to be reduced to around 70% of its intended  output and it was only ever able to run at 75% of its planned output. Fast forward to the present and much of the power plants itself remain and complete demolition cannot take place until after 2095 and of course during that time it has to be monitored and very expensive work has to be down should there be any kind of leakage. Meanwhile we are worrying about the potential problems caused by using coal.

28 minutes ago, Dawn Chorus said:

We have enough of our own decommissioned nuclear power stations to worry about. I have just been reading about one near Gloucester that opened in 1968 and was finally de-commissioned in 2012. There were problems because steel corrosion within weeks of it opening and it power output had to be reduced to around 70% of its intended  output and it was only ever able to run at 75% of its planned output. Fast forward to the present and much of the power plants itself remain and complete demolition cannot take place until after 2095 and of course during that time it has to be monitored and very expensive work has to be down should there be any kind of leakage. Meanwhile we are worrying about the potential problems caused by using coal.

Chernobyl was still running until the end of 2000. Reactors 1 and 2 were shut down in the 90's because they were older generation models of reactor considered even more "unsafe" than 3 and 4 (the one that blew up). 

Reactor 3 - the one closest to the explody one - was the last one to be shut down.

They also had to use car batteries from the power plant's car park on computer terminals and machinery during the Fukushima disaster after the earthquake flooded the emergency generators with sea water and ironically left the entire power plant without power at the exact moment one of their own reactors went all spazzy and blew the roof off its containment building.

Coal is more expensive to produce and transport and less effective at generating power than nuclear fission - the fact that the environmental effects of using it are more visible (even though nowhere near as dangerous in a worst case scenario) is just the cherry on top for greedy cunt power suppliers. Personally I'd take a coal furnace explosion over a nuclear meltdown any day.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Roadkill said:

Chernobyl was still running until the end of 2000. Reactors 1 and 2 were shut down in the 90's because they were older generation models of reactor considered even more "unsafe" than 3 and 4 (the one that blew up). 

Reactor 3 - the one closest to the explody one - was the last one to be shut down.

They also had to use car batteries from the power plant's car park on computer terminals and machinery during the Fukushima disaster after the earthquake flooded the emergency generators with sea water and ironically left the entire power plant without power at the exact moment one of their own reactors went all spazzy and blew the roof off its containment building.

Coal is more expensive to produce and transport and less effective at generating power than nuclear fission - the fact that the environmental effects of using it are more visible (even though nowhere near as dangerous in a worst case scenario) is just the cherry on top for greedy cunt power suppliers. Personally I'd take a coal furnace explosion over a nuclear meltdown any day.

Using modern technology coal fired generation can be made much cleaner and many useful by products can be made from the emissions themselves and the flyash can be made into building blocks or used in other ways such as in road building. Combine it with a situation where we maximise solar and wind generation and under our feet we have a couple of thousand years supply of coal for back-up use in power generation without the need for nuclear.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dawn Chorus said:

Using modern technology coal fired generation can be made much cleaner and many useful by products can be made from the emissions themselves and the flyash can be made into building blocks or used in other was such as in road building. Combine it with a situation where we maximise solar and wind generation and under our feet we have a couple of thousand years supply of coal for back-up use in power generation without the need for nuclear.

Yep, but it would take time and effort and money and they'd have to admit that they were bullshitting in the first place.

Like you say nuclear power plants are expensive to decommission - once they have one they wait until its literally falling apart (or even after that) before they turn off the lights, because once they do that its nothing more than a huge maintenance expense for about 100 years. Combine that with the added cost of building more clean coal plants and its the path of least resistance in the eyes of the owners.

10 minutes ago, Roadkill said:

Yep, but it would take time and effort and money and they'd have to admit that they were bullshitting in the first place.

Like you say nuclear power plants are expensive to decommission - once they have one they wait until its literally falling apart (or even after that) before they turn off the lights, because once they do that its nothing more than a huge maintenance expense for about 100 years. Combine that with the added cost of building more clean coal plants and its the path of least resistance in the eyes of the owners.

There’s fuck all complicated or technical about nuclear power stations. If there was Homer Simpson wouldn’t work in one. Mr. Burns ain’t no cunt.

15 minutes ago, Roadkill said:

Yes they talk themselves into a corner and leave themselves no exit, and of course a few years ago we had the upper middle class fuckwits invading the coal fired power stations such as Drax.

• Like 1

On 24/06/2020 at 12:17, Dawn Chorus said:

OK so you don't like constructive nuclear but probably support Trident. Probably US missile bases in UK if the Tories agreed to it.