CUNTS CORNER TWITTER ACCOUNT ID @CuntsCorner ×
Donations towards site upkeep will be thankfully received and faithfully applied....

Syrian National Orchestra to perform at Glastonbury

Guest MikeD

Guest MikeD

For fuck sake, the entire BBC has just shot their load!

And Damon Albarn's performing with them, he'll get some amount of fucking PC brownie points for that.

Guest MikeD
Just now, nocti said:

Politics aside, they'd wipe the floor with the shite playing there anyway. It appealed to me in my youth, but you wouldn't get me there now if I was promised a live hanging of Robbie Will... you could probably get me there.

Didn't he hang himself?

Oh, Robbie Williams.

Guest MikeD
9 minutes ago, nocti said:

Cheers for getting my hopes up for a split second there Mike you cunt.

That attention-seeking cunt probably would want it broadcast live.

Guest MikeD
41 minutes ago, Cuntybaws said:

Gorillaz recorded some of their third album in Damascus with the SNO in 2009. I don't know if that makes it better or worse, but at least Albarn's consistent.

I'd like to see the cunts record it there now.

1 hour ago, MikeD said:

For fuck sake, the entire BBC has just shot their load!

And Damon Albarn's performing with them, he'll get some amount of fucking PC brownie points for that.

With any luck the Syrians will all have an explosive suicide vest and blow themselves up at the end.With a bit of luck they'll take a few other drug-addled bands with them.

The audience will be in a drug and alcohol induced trance and won't notice a thing.....

Guest MikeD
5 minutes ago, Punkape said:

With any luck the Syrians will all have an explosive suicide vest and blow themselves up at the end.With a bit of luck they'll take a few other drug-addled bands with them.

The audience will be in a drug and alcohol induced trance and won't notice a thing.....

Now that's just racism.

1 hour ago, Cuntybaws said:

Gorillaz recorded some of their third album in Damascus with the SNO in 2009. I don't know if that makes it better or worse, but at least Albarn's consistent.

Its coming up, its coming up, its coming up, its coming up, its coming up, its coming up, its coming up, its BLAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMM!!!!!

Is it a good thing? Maybe. Is it a bit PC? Quite possible. On the other hand this year's lineup is depressingly conservative (small c) and quite retro, so maybe something pushing the boundaries a bit isn't so bad. It also reminds us that Syria and Syrian people are about more than war, more than ISIS, more than refugees. Most people, including me,  probably didn't even know there was a Syrian National Orchestra.

Guest Snatch
39 minutes ago, Rick_B said:

Is it a good thing? Maybe. Is it a bit PC? Quite possible. On the other hand this year's lineup is depressingly conservative (small c) and quite retro, so maybe something pushing the boundaries a bit isn't so bad. It also reminds us that Syria and Syrian people are about more than war, more than ISIS, more than refugees. Most people, including me,  probably didn't even know there was a Syrian National Orchestra.

It's very PC bollocks and nothing more. Why didn't they get The Jalisco Philarmonic Orchestra from Mexico,The Bournemouth Symphony Orchestra (yes there is one),or The Symphony Orchestra of India?

I'll tell you why not. It's because there aren't thousands of Mexicans,people form Bournemouth or Indians stuck at borders across Europe.

It's "lets all be Syrian friendly" time. The yoghurt knitting do gooders that want to be seen as heroes. It's the fashion at the moment.

Guest MikeD
26 minutes ago, neil298 said:

It'll probably be just a blurr

I'll get my goat

DECIMUS!!!! Look at this bastard, you'd have been calling for my execution if I'd come out with that!

Guest MikeD
21 minutes ago, Frank said:

Mike, I met Carole King today. What do you think about that?

Heres JB, just for you my little one.. 

What do I think about it?

As with everything you ever say to me, Frank.

Fucking riveted.