CUNTS CORNER TWITTER ACCOUNT ID @CuntsCorner ×
Donations towards site upkeep will be thankfully received and faithfully applied....

Sofa art

Guest MikeD

Guest Wizardsleeve
5 hours ago, Bill Stickers said:

Just come out the closet you sexually repressed deviant. Neil fucks anything so he'll probably take you up on an offer, or at least send you smutty PMs.

Your tone of absolute certainty raises the question if you speak from experience?  Have you grabbed your ankles for Neil, Stickers?  

On ‎06‎/‎03‎/‎2016 at 1:51 PM, MikeD said:

A exhibit made from sofas found on Edinburgh's streets has won a £10,000 prize.

Doesn't it look just fucking stunning and a work of genius?

Fuck....ing HELL!!!

_88598366_hi031810939.jpg.f520d96e5e3f5a

Its' a conundrum, isn't it? Praise it and one runs the risk of being labelled  as a contemporary art pseud, poor scorn and one is accused of being a neo modernist philistine or postmodernist or something like that.

The sculpture is a shelter made from old sofas, but as with all modern art, the trick is the subject title or the artist's narrative. To my mind its a statement about one person's discarded comforts being another person's life-essential shelter. The artist, Emily Binks, nearly gets away it but she blathers about recycling materials and then compounds her error by explaining, "I have been re-homing discarded pieces of furniture from around Edinburgh, then combining that with my experiences of being a Scout leader and my knowledge of survival skills." Scout leader, really?! If that was not enough she then completely loses the plot, "I am currently experimenting with construction of temporary shelters made from reclaimed materials which humans can interact with, encouraging them to develop a new understanding of objects both in art and day-to-day life.” Good luck with that, Emily. A cold, hungry homeless person will indeed consider and understand his/her home from an artistic critique rather than the functionality, i.e. being waterproof, of his/her surroundings.

Guest Snatch
27 minutes ago, Mrs Roops said:

Its' a conundrum, isn't it? Praise it and one runs the risk of being labelled  as a contemporary art pseud, poor scorn and one is accused of being a neo modernist philistine or postmodernist or something like that.

The sculpture is a shelter made from old sofas, but as with all modern art, the trick is the subject title or the artist's narrative. To my mind its a statement about one person's discarded comforts being another person's life-essential shelter. The artist, Emily Binks, nearly gets away it but she blathers about recycling materials and then compounds her error by explaining, "I have been re-homing discarded pieces of furniture from around Edinburgh, then combining that with my experiences of being a Scout leader and my knowledge of survival skills." Scout leader, really?! If that was not enough she then completely loses the plot, "I am currently experimenting with construction of temporary shelters made from reclaimed materials which humans can interact with, encouraging them to develop a new understanding of objects both in art and day-to-day life.” Good luck with that, Emily. A cold, hungry homeless person will indeed consider and understand his/her home from an artistic critique rather than the functionality, i.e. being waterproof, of his/her surroundings.

When idiots will pay good money for any old shit then these pretentious cunts will spout any old bollocks.

I'll bet she was one of those "deep and meaningful" student cunts who are normally found having group hugs and talking about their "monthly female experiences".

Guest Snatch
3 hours ago, Properkhunt said:

I suppose it is about taste and the statement being made.

The taste is non-existent and the statement is made up bollocks as is the norm for any of this type of so called Art.

Guest MikeD
3 hours ago, Snatch said:

When idiots will pay good money for any old shit then these pretentious cunts will spout any old bollocks.

I'll bet she was one of those "deep and meaningful" student cunts who are normally found having group hugs and talking about their "monthly female experiences".

She knows her target audience I'd imagine. Pretentious, chin-stroking cunts.

Guest DingTheRioja
15 minutes ago, Mrs Roops said:

You may be right, though in your world everything is pretentious, including, I recall, the sitcom "Friends".

he's right on that one though...

Guest MikeD
19 minutes ago, Mrs Roops said:

You may be right, though in your world everything is pretentious, including, I recall, the sitcom "Friends".

Pretentious, no.

Unbearably fucking smug with jokes you can see coming a fucking mile away, yes.

Cutting edge artist, Millie Brown, is wowing the modern art world by drinking various coloured milk drinks before vomiting onto a canvas. Cunts are paying good money for this nonsense, the dirty slag even does live performances.

As with all modern art , no talent is required or expected, It won't be long before an artist takes a dump on a canvas before some fool buys it, and proves the point that modern art is indeed shit. 

Guest MikeD
6 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Cutting edge artist, Millie Brown, is wowing the modern art world by drinking various coloured milk drinks before vomiting onto a canvas. Cunts are paying good money for this nonsense, the dirty slag even does live performances.

As with all modern art , no talent is required or expected, It won't be long before an artist takes a dump on a canvas before some fool buys it, and proves the point that modern art is indeed shit. 

Normally I'd think, fuck off, nobody would take the piss to that extent.

But you can bet anything you like that someone will top it, however the fuck they'll do that.

Guest Snatch
6 hours ago, Mrs Roops said:

Were you one of these type of students? I should think you could class your photos as modern art.

1 hour ago, Snatch said:

Were you one of these type of students? I should think you could class your photos as modern art.

No to the question, I studied a science subject at uni. Apropos your second point, I would class my photos as sating an exhibitionist streak.

Snatch sweetie, I'm tempted to a punch-up but will desist, not because I would be shown up as cruel, but lets face it, you wouldn't feel the pain as most things go straight over your head. Stay warm.

Guest Snatch
3 hours ago, Mrs Roops said:

No to the question, I studied a science subject at uni. Apropos your second point, I would class my photos as sating an exhibitionist streak.

Snatch sweetie, I'm tempted to a punch-up but will desist, not because I would be shown up as cruel, but lets face it, you wouldn't feel the pain as most things go straight over your head. Stay warm.

It doesn't go over my head,I treat it with the contempt it deserves.

You carry on and big yourself up cos no other fucker will do it for you.

Have a good day love 

Guest DrCunt

From wikipedia:

Artist's Shit (Italian: Merda d'artista) is a 1961 artwork by the Italian artist Piero Manzoni. The work consists of 90 tin cans, each filled with 30 grams (1.1 oz) of faeces, and measuring 4.8 by 6.5 centimetres (1.9 in × 2.6 in), with a label in Italian, English, French, and German stating:

Artist's Shit
    Contents 30 gr net
    Freshly preserved
    Produced and tinned
    in May 1961                                         

Pile of shit.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest DingTheRioja
18 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Tracey Emin has married a rock today, the smelly tramp has an exhibition to promote so has now bagged loads of free publicity . The best thing for her, and modern art in general is ignore it. (Judge I do realise the irony ).

Well, a rock is the only thing that could get hard looking at her fucking mush, so good look to her... I hope she tries blowing it and loses her fucking teeth..

.. but then again... "Tracys' Tooth Tat at the Tate" has a kind of ring to it...