CUNTS CORNER TWITTER ACCOUNT ID @CuntsCorner ×
Donations towards site upkeep will be thankfully received and faithfully applied....

People Who Run Out Of Petrol / Diesel

Ape™️

Sorry, but we live in a 24 hour society now, with fuel readily available round the clock. Ignoring the fuel gauge and running the gauntlet is plain fucking daft, and I have no sympathy whatsoever for people who strand themselves through their own stupidity. Cunts who do this with diesel are even more fucking brain dead, as it's often not as simple as just adding more fuel; the system can need priming, which generally involves the AA or RAC. Idiots.

Guest Snatch

Every car has a fuel gauge. If it's broken get it fucking fixed and until then just keep topping up every couple of days or so,depending on how far you drive.

Guest Wizardsleeve

A piece of advice I was given when I first started driving was to refill the tank when it gets down to only a quarter full anyway as any fuel tank has sediment and other gunk in the bottom which will find its way into the engine if you try "running on empty".

Excellent advice.  Personally, I top off when the needle is almost to the half full point, never letting it reach half tank.  I think the quarter full philosophy is the safer and more mechanically sound way to go.

Guest Drew P Pissflaps

What a load of bollox. Not withstanding the fact most cars have inline fuel filters to catch any sediment, using your theory you wouldn't obtain fuel from the pump that was less than quarter or half full at the petrol station. Imagine paying for a litre of fuel and dragging through a load of sediment from the bottom of the pump tank which then cannot use as it gets caught by the cars fuel filter. Ask the attendant next next time you're in there, preferably after they enquire if you wish to buy any chocolate...........every fucking time you go in.

Guest Wizardsleeve

Only a thick bastard buys chocolate at a petrol filling station.  The attendants don't usually know the difference between chocolate and falafel!  

Guest Bill Stickers

I once ran out of petrol and filled my little mini 1000 with diesel, the AA man was a bit sarcastic :(

Rightfully so. A truly cuntish mistake to make.

Guest Drew P Pissflaps

I once ran out of petrol and filled my little mini 1000 with diesel, the AA man was a bit sarcastic :(

I suppose that's the sort of thing you do when you're pissed most of the time. Which AA meeting did you go too?

Guest Bill Stickers

if you stick a litre of deisel in a petrol tank, fill it with petrol, its actually beneficial... kinda "de-cokes" the engine...

I always thought people did this just to save money when diesel was significantly cheaper than petrol?

Guest deebom

if you stick a litre of deisel in a petrol tank, fill it with petrol, its actually beneficial... kinda "de-cokes" the engine...

Sounds like bollocks to me. Petrol cleans/strips thing because it's acts as a solvent. Diesel is an oil.

Guest Drew P Pissflaps

I am not usually the pedantic type but people don't run out of petrol/diesel it's the cars they're sitting in. Could this be corrected to avoid confusion.

Thanks muchly

Guest Lady Penelope

I am not usually the pedantic type but people don't run out of petrol/diesel it's the cars they're sitting in. Could this be corrected to avoid confusion.

Thanks muchly

no.

Sounds like bollocks to me. Petrol cleans/strips thing because it's acts as a solvent. Diesel is an oil.

It's not necessarily that simple. Petrol is a very light "cut", in other words it's low boiling point and extremely flammable. Diesel, "class A fuel oil", is a heavier cut and less flammable, but still much lighter than what we know as lubricating oil.  As far as removing carbon deposits is concerned petrol may be regarded as a solvent, but it wont dissolve carbon, nothing will. Diesel is more likely to stick around and soften carbon deposits because it's less volatile, but whether or not it works in practice is debatable.  A number of additives have been marketed as able to de-coke engines, with no real evidence that they work.

It's not necessarily that simple. Petrol is a very light "cut", in other words it's low boiling point and extremely flammable. Diesel, "class A fuel oil", is a heavier cut and less flammable, but still much lighter than what we know as lubricating oil.  As far as removing carbon deposits is concerned petrol may be regarded as a solvent, but it wont dissolve carbon, nothing will. Diesel is more likely to stick around and soften carbon deposits because it's less volatile, but whether or not it works in practice is debatable.  A number of additives have been marketed as able to de-coke engines, with no real evidence that they work.

are you Ed China?

I've met him a few times. I've always been ripped for being lanky, but fuck me that cunt is a beanpole. Nice guy though.

I met Peter Crouch once, and I've seen tagliatelle with more structural integrity. I swear that cunt only exists in two dimensions.

Furthermore, as far as I'm aware, he knows sweet fuck all about internal combustion engines.

• Like 1

I met Peter Crouch once, and I've seen tagliatelle with more structural integrity. I swear that cunt only exists in two dimensions.

Furthermore, as far as I'm aware, he knows sweet fuck all about internal combustion engines.

he still has a fucking stunner to shag, its a mystery...