CUNTS CORNER TWITTER ACCOUNT ID @CuntsCorner ×
Donations towards site upkeep will be thankfully received and faithfully applied....

Being asked for interior design advice as a hetereosexual bloke

Jiggerycock

I'm a simple man.

Sky Sports package and surround sound telly. Decent hi-fi system a comfy bed, a toilet that flushes and that's pretty much my key requirements from a domestic unit.

Now I'm not some unreconstituted Neanderthal. I can run up a fair Sunday roast (given 6 months notice in writing) and have been known to iron the odd shirt but just because some predatory homosexual off the goggle box makes poor people feel like dirt by fellating a dado rail and Aga on 'Homes Under The Hammer' or 'Interior Designs' or 'Pimp My Cubicle' or whatever tawdry shite these cathode-ray Onanists are foisting on us this week, suddenly I have to be involved in establishing the PRECISE shade of ruddy Organza the front parlour curtains should be made in.

Bring me a beer and fuck off whilst you are doing it!

(Hetereosexual - what the fuck is that? Yes I know. You correct basic spelling mistakes because it gives you a hard on!)

• Like 1

Guest ducunti

I'm a simple man.Sky Sports package and surround sound telly. Decent hi-fi system a comfy bed, a toilet that flushes and that's pretty much my key requirements from a domestic unit.Now I'm not some unreconstituted Neanderthal. I can run up a fair Sunday roast (given 6 months notice in writing) and have been known to iron the odd shirt but just because some predatory homosexual off the goggle box makes poor people feel like dirt by fellating a dado rail and Aga on 'Homes Under The Hammer' or 'Interior Designs' or 'Pimp My Cubicle' or whatever tawdry shite these cathode-ray Onanists are foisting on us this week, suddenly I have to be involved in establishing the PRECISE shade of ruddy Organza the front parlour curtains should be made in.Bring me a beer and fuck off whilst you are doing it!(Hetereosexual - what the fuck is that? Yes I know. You correct basic spelling mistakes because it gives you a hard on!)

What about an aga.

A trip to B&Q was cut short a few months back after finding out blue doesn't come in "light" and "dark" anymore. It's aqua this and duck egg that. Fuck off for fucks sake. I was also labelled uneducated for not holding different swatches under various shades of lighting. Fair enough, I suppose that's quite sensible in a way, but come on.

Blue. Blue paint you cunts. It never used to be this difficult.

Guest JackoTC

Get over it Jiggers. Last year I was forced into fucking garden centre (No Francis - not buying garden furniture), and in late Autumn I was left to ball up some clean socks and put them in the correct drawers. I felt like quite the "modern" man about town. Though, all of this may be some hideous drunken dream I had.

Harry Carpenter

Nope, I'm pretty sure it was Lawrence Llewellyn-Bowen. I'd have definitely remembered if the four-eyed boxing anchorman had come out with 'In the duck-egg blue corner we have some Laura Ashley flock wallpaper and in the red with a hint of cinnamon corner we have Dave 'Boy' Green!'

I have a real issue with men doing poofy chores about the house.  Leave it to the women to do colour coordinating and cushion choosing.  You can all get on with fixing my car or putting up shelves as far as I'm concerned.  I noticed in a bathroom shop today, this trend for two sinks in a bathroom.  His'n'hers.  I can't think of a worse fate than watching my loved one pruning himself in front of a mirror next to me.

I can't think of a worse fate than watching my loved one pruning himself in front of a mirror next to me.

Any bloke who prunes himself in front of a mirror would likely be standing next to another bloke in the bathroom.

Self-referencing is pretty cunty but fuck knows where I pulled Dave 'Boy' Green from.'The Fen Tiger' from Chatteris. Looked like a Garden Salad on two legs and sounded worse.

A carrot farmer, I believe. Still he was a bit of a hard cunt, glass jaw or not, if he said it was a carrot, it was a fucking carrot.

Guest DingTheRioja

I was also labelled uneducated for not holding different swatches under various shades of lighting. Fair enough, I suppose that's quite sensible in a way, but come on.

Its one of the best ways to tell if a car's been banged and badly repainted, look at in bright sunlight but more importantly under yellow streetlights, this brings out massive a difference in the pigment and shading

White comes in different types, there's Brilliant white, Brite white, Jet white, Pink white that turns to White white, and I've always wondered what kind of black is Jet black.

..and on cars... don't buy a red car if you want to keep it more than a year or two, I love red cars, but matching a paintjob on them is a fucking horrendous job.

I have a real issue with men doing poofy chores about the house.  Leave it to the women to do colour coordinating and cushion choosing.  You can all get on with fixing my car or putting up shelves as far as I'm concerned.  I noticed in a bathroom shop today, this trend for two sinks in a bathroom.  His'n'hers.  I can't think of a worse fate than watching my loved one pruning himself in front of a mirror next to me.

Yeah but, when you have 2 sinks, you can keep yours spotlessly clean and we can leave ours to bring new cultures of penicillin to the world..