CUNTS CORNER TWITTER ACCOUNT ID @CuntsCorner ×
Donations towards site upkeep will be thankfully received and faithfully applied....

When silver and bronze medal are nor enough

CCArchive

I haven't watched very much of the games but I have watched highlights. GB is doing extremely well and good on the men and women who have been successful. However, I note an interesting trend in some of the medal winners and interviewers. Some of the winners of silver and bronze look like they have had a smacked arse....especially Any Murray yesterday evening as he posed with the Robson girl with their silver medals. The interviewer , Gaby Logan, soothed him for only winning silver and said that we all knew how hard he had tried. Clare Balding several days previously felt it necessary to explain to viewers that the GB judo silver winner had really tried hard and was really disappointed not to have had gold and the woman was sat next to her! I have heard these comments fairly regularly and it takes me aback. For Christ's sake, every one loves a winner, every one loves a medal winner no matter what colour, grow up!. I know that the Olympics has become a money driven luvvie fest but can we please try to pretend that there is a little of the Corinthian spirit left at least?