CUNTS CORNER TWITTER ACCOUNT ID @CuntsCorner ×
Donations towards site upkeep will be thankfully received and faithfully applied....

The Great Stella Artois Rip-off.

CCArchive

Stella Artois was for many years my preferred tipple. I've stopped drinking it recently because frankly they are taking the piss. Around ten years ago Stella was 5.2% ABV which meant you didn't need much of it at all to get a bit giddy. Falling down lotion it was known as in Sheffield at the time. It came in 330ML bottles and was sold in boxes of 24. 24 x 330ML at 5.2%ABV = a bloody good purchase. One day I went to the local off license and found that the 24 boxes had been cut down to 20 to make them easy to carry. Nice to know that Imbev who make the bloody stuff have our best interests at heart. This was the first of the cuts. Since then over the period of a decade the following changes have taken place: Box size cut again to 18. Strength changed from 5.2%ABV to 5.0%ABV. Box size decreased again to 15. Bottle size decreased again from 300ML to 286ML. Box size decreased again down to 12. The latest one is the strength. That's now dropped to 4.8%ABV. In a decade its gone from 24 x 330ML premium strength 5.2% to 12 x 286ML 4.8%. The pricing of the product has not seen much change at all. Cunts.