CUNTS CORNER TWITTER ACCOUNT ID @CuntsCorner ×
Donations towards site upkeep will be thankfully received and faithfully applied....

Greek tarts and junkies to pay off the country's debt

White Cunt

I will just post this article

The National Statistical Service of Greece (Ελληνική Στατιστική Αρχή) has announced this morning its proposition to legalize certain illegal sectors of the economy, such as drugs and prostitution, to help increase the country’s revenues and eventually, repay its debt.

A 2013 study by the Hellenic Statistical Authority revealed that illegal activities in Greece, such as drug trafficking and prostitution, generated over  €26.2 billion, revenues that could dramatically change Greece’s economic situation, believes Greece’s finance minister.

“Radical times call for radical actions” explains Euclid Tsakalotos, Greece’s recently appointed finance minister. “If Holland and Portugal do it, why not us?” he told parliament leaders, yesterday.

euclid

Newly appointed finance minister Euclid Tsakalotos believes legalizing drugs and prostitution could dramatically boost the failing Greek economy

If the proposition sounds outlandish, Euclid Tsakalotos believes Greece has no other options.

“Do we really have a choice?” he asked parliament leaders, yesterday. “Our creditors are forcing us into a wide-range of reforms and a wave of privatization never seen before in our country’s history” he explained. “Taxing illegal activities could dramatically increase our GDP in a most desperate time” he admitted, visibly confident with the proposition.

Some Greek experts believe Greece should also develop an euthanasia tourism industry where people from all over the world could come to end their days.

“Numbers show their is a high demand for voluntary euthanasia within Greek’s population but also within the European union” admits legal expert Anatos Belius. “With the European economy in distress, the demand for voluntary euthanasia is sky rocketing, and Greece should not close its eyes to such a business opportunity” he warns. “And what a better place to die than Greece? With its beautiful ancient monuments and 3,000-year old culture, Greece has everything to offer to such visitors” he admits, visibly enthused by the idea.

Mark Carney, governor of the Bank of England, has applauded the proposition and believes the “controversial strategy” could play in Greece’s favor and help the country repay its debt and return to growth “in easier terms” but warns that “harsh times still lie ahead” for the Greek people.

Guest Drew P Pissflaps

A less radical solution is to train greek armed forces in the art of border security as there is a sudden, although not unexpected, demand for this service. UK plc has already pledged £7million.

Guest Gong Farmer

The idea is not so fantastical. Coffee shop owners and prostitutes pay their tax like anyone else in the Netherlands because both trades are legal and are an accepted form of public service. You just have to be a bit pragmatic at times.

Coffee shop owners and prostitutes pay their tax like anyone else in the Netherlands

Which one are you? :P

Out of interest, do the billions of self-centred and inconsiderate cyclists that throng your grachten pay much in the way of tax for that privilege? If so, you could probably afford to put a few Dutchmen (and probably all of them) on the fucking moon.

I will just post this article

The National Statistical Service of Greece (Ελληνική Στατιστική Αρχή) has announced this morning its proposition to legalize certain illegal sectors of the economy, such as drugs and prostitution, to help increase the country’s revenues and eventually, repay its debt.

A 2013 study by the Hellenic Statistical Authority revealed that illegal activities in Greece, such as drug trafficking and prostitution, generated over  €26.2 billion, revenues that could dramatically change Greece’s economic situation, believes Greece’s finance minister.

“Radical times call for radical actions” explains Euclid Tsakalotos, Greece’s recently appointed finance minister. “If Holland and Portugal do it, why not us?” he told parliament leaders, yesterday.

euclid

Newly appointed finance minister Euclid Tsakalotos believes legalizing drugs and prostitution could dramatically boost the failing Greek economy

If the proposition sounds outlandish, Euclid Tsakalotos believes Greece has no other options.

“Do we really have a choice?” he asked parliament leaders, yesterday. “Our creditors are forcing us into a wide-range of reforms and a wave of privatization never seen before in our country’s history” he explained. “Taxing illegal activities could dramatically increase our GDP in a most desperate time” he admitted, visibly confident with the proposition.

Some Greek experts believe Greece should also develop an euthanasia tourism industry where people from all over the world could come to end their days.

“Numbers show their is a high demand for voluntary euthanasia within Greek’s population but also within the European union” admits legal expert Anatos Belius. “With the European economy in distress, the demand for voluntary euthanasia is sky rocketing, and Greece should not close its eyes to such a business opportunity” he warns. “And what a better place to die than Greece? With its beautiful ancient monuments and 3,000-year old culture, Greece has everything to offer to such visitors” he admits, visibly enthused by the idea.

Mark Carney, governor of the Bank of England, has applauded the proposition and believes the “controversial strategy” could play in Greece’s favor and help the country repay its debt and return to growth “in easier terms” but warns that “harsh times still lie ahead” for the Greek people.

That all sounds quite reasonable. Taken from the FT, I assume?

Guest Drew P Pissflaps

I can't say that I have wandered into the local knocking shop and specifically requested a prostitute of greek origin. I would imagine them to be quite dark and hirsute, much like a dirty gypsy.......and probably resembling a kebab. And therefore I can't imagine this generating much in the way of taxes.

I can't say that I have wandered into the local knocking shop and specifically requested a prostitute of greek origin. I would imagine them to be quite dark and hirsute, much like a dirty gypsy.......and probably resembling a kebab. And therefore I can't imagine this generating much in the way of taxes.

stop it, I'm getting a chubby 

• Like 2

Sunset studios. Tonight. 9pm. Ask for Olga. Tell them Decimus sent you. Prepare for stubble rash.

Second girl I ever lobbed one up was of Greek descent. Fucking stunning she was. I was a bit of a twat and wanted to play the field a bit otherwise I could've landed that. One of few regrets I have, but don't tell my wife. 

Guest nobgobbler

I wonder if the prozzies will have to give out VAT receipts.

Guest Gong Farmer

Which one are you? :P

Out of interest, do the billions of self-centred and inconsiderate cyclists that throng your grachten pay much in the way of tax for that privilege? If so, you could probably afford to put a few Dutchmen (and probably all of them) on the fucking moon.

I think most of them think they're on the Moon. It's due to the copious amount of space cake they consume.

I wonder if the prozzies will have to give out VAT receipts.

And a two year warranty.  

Guest nobgobbler

I think most of them think they're on the Moon. It's due to the copious amount of space cake they consume.

And a two year warranty.  

And priority booking if you pay online with the added bonus of money back if not completely satisfied when you pay by ShagPal.

Cyclists are a long-standing bugbear on here, albeit not quite in the same league as fat cunts, but those Dutch bastards are the very fucking acme of cycling cuntitude. Thank fuck I'm usually ripped off my tits when I'm there, which fortunately increases my tolerance to a point approaching "infinite".

• Like 1

Cyclists are a long-standing bugbear on here, albeit not quite in the same league as fat cunts, but those Dutch bastards are the very fucking acme of cycling cuntitude. Thank fuck I'm usually ripped off my tits when I'm there, which fortunately increases my tolerance to a point approaching "infinite".

I can picture it now. Bawsy staggers into the amsterdam coffee house and says "joint of skunk mate, but batter it before it goes into the fryer." :D

• Like 1

Guest Wizardsleeve

Brings new meaning to the name "Merchant Banker"....

Now, where's Frank in amongst all this....?

I think it best if none of us are inflicted with that image.  

Guest judgetwi

Well, i suppose you could legalise drugs and fanny selling and hope to tax the shit out of it. And you could encourage all sorts of weirdo tourism trying to get the fuckers to splash their dosh around. But i have a much better idea for Mr. Tossalotos. Greece, like every other country in the world, is full of rich cunts who don't pay any tax. Mr. Tossalotos should lock these fuckers up until they agree to pay their fair share. Er...........ok.........it's a fucking stupid idea and has never worked before and it ain't gonna work now. Ok, give me some time and i'll think up some new ideas to screw more money out of the poor. That always works.

Guest Wizardsleeve

Well, i suppose you could legalise drugs and fanny selling and hope to tax the shit out of it. And you could encourage all sorts of weirdo tourism trying to get the fuckers to splash their dosh around. But i have a much better idea for Mr. Tossalotos. Greece, like every other country in the world, is full of rich cunts who don't pay any tax. Mr. Tossalotos should lock these fuckers up until they agree to pay their fair share. Er...........ok.........it's a fucking stupid idea and has never worked before and it ain't gonna work now. Ok, give me some time and i'll think up some new ideas to screw more money out of the poor. That always works.

The yanks have a few states that have legalised marijuana, and have generated large tax revenues on both the medical marijuana as well as the recreational pot monies.  State of Colorado Marijuana Tax Data.

I was unable to find any valid data on the slappers, my apologies for that.