CUNTS CORNER TWITTER ACCOUNT ID @CuntsCorner ×
Donations towards site upkeep will be thankfully received and faithfully applied....

The British Empire

Decimus

So, this may be a controversial one, but fuck it here goes. I'm not saying the empire was the most heinous or evil entity to ever plague the planet. Nazi Germany no doubt takes that undistinguished accolade. But let's look at some undeniable facts. Ireland. Plantations, repression and the protestant ascendancy fostered centuries of tribulations, murder and woe. Cyprus. Intercommunal violence encouraged by recruiting a disproportionate amount of Turkish citizens to police an island with a majority Greek population. This caused a cry for union with Greece, cross society violence and an illegal Turkish occupation that lasts until this day. The Palestinian mandate. Look how that worked out. South Africa. Britain was not in charge when Apartheid officially came into effect, but the foundations were laid by Cecil Rhodes. Also look at the decimation of native populations due to British colonialism, from north America to Australia. Yes other nations have blood on their hands, but due to the unprecedented and unrivalled success of the empire, we are right up there as a blight on civilisation. We have undeniably done a huge amount of good as well, and contributed countless benefits to human society. But the stain of empire is still there.

So, this may be a controversial one, but fuck it here goes. I'm not saying the empire was the most heinous or evil entity to ever plague the planet. Nazi Germany no doubt takes that undistinguished accolade. But let's look at some undeniable facts. Ireland. Plantations, repression and the protestant ascendancy fostered centuries of tribulations, murder and woe. Cyprus. Intercommunal violence encouraged by recruiting a disproportionate amount of Turkish citizens to police an island with a majority Greek population. This caused a cry for union with Greece, cross society violence and an illegal Turkish occupation that lasts until this day. The Palestinian mandate. Look how that worked out. South Africa. Britain was not in charge when Apartheid officially came into effect, but the foundations were laid by Cecil Rhodes. Also look at the decimation of native populations due to British colonialism, from north America to Australia. Yes other nations have blood on their hands, but due to the unprecedented and unrivalled success of the empire, we are right up there as a blight on civilisation. We have undeniably done a huge amount of good as well, and contributed countless benefits to human society. But the stain of empire is still there.

Thats all very sad and shameful,  however look on the bright side, the b.e legacy allows  us to order food / drink in English all over the world ????

The British Empire.

"The less evil and most just of all the the Empires that have ever been."

I'm not going to contradict this. As I said, I'm aware of counter arguements and I realise that the Empire was responsible for numerous achievements that have benefited mankind. It's just my opinion that the bad outweighs the good. 

Don`t join the company of the hand wringing  self loathing political classes Decimus, those cunts lie awake at night in a shameful torment. They worry over actions taken in our name in our past and think we should all bear a collective responsibility. We don`t. It is what it is and we are where we are. Trust me, if Victoria wouldn`t have fucked them it would only have been someone else. Sleep easy , a cursory glance at modern Britain proves what comes around goes around and we`re going to pay ad nauseam. 

• Like 1

Guest Snatch

Don't forget the British invented the first official concentration camps in The Boar war 1890 or thereabouts killing thousands of Men,Women and Children.

Also a fifth of the world was at one time owned by the British because we wanted it.

So yes we are bad and evil along with alot of others.

And don't forget,we invented football then along came poofery. For that reason alone we are cunts.

Guest JackoTC

​You fucking Fen Monkey Deco. All Empires were built on rivers of blood. The British Empire and Nazi Germany are only remembered as the are due to it all happening so recently. Stalin and Pol Pot were equally, if not more ruthless or sadistic.

At the end of the day, it was the Devils in Skirts that built the Empire - here is the proof below :

resource-item__carryonupthekhyber-456--feature.jpg

Guest DingTheRioja

Don't forget the British invented the first official concentration camps in The Boar war 1890 or thereabouts killing thousands of Men,Women and Children.

​As far as I was aware we invented the concentration camp before that, for the Froggies in one of our many contretemps over the English Channel....

...so they can't be that bad...?

The most disgusting and heinous organisation this planet has ever seen is the Roman Catholic church.

​Well, that's us off the hook for Ireland then...

Come on... I've got 2 excuses now... just another few dozen to go... we can do it!!!

Oh yes... apparently about 20% of India would be quite happy to have us back for Colonial Rule...

Canada to India

Australia to Cornwall

Singapore to Hong Kong

From the west to the East

From the rich to the poor

Victoria fucked them all

​So...

1. Canada - the American Natives moved over the border from the Yanks to us because we weren't half as bastardy to them as the yanks were..
  2. India - see earlier..
  3. Australia - Watched some of that Banished.. seems we were quite nice to the convicts, most of the women are gorgeous so the blokes weren't doing badly!
  4. Cornwall - Well.. we did give them Jug-Ears so yeah.. we fucked them over.
  5. Singapore - A veritable Shangri-La of multi-culturalism...
  6. Hong Kong - They DEFINATELY want to be back with us, not the chinese....

There... thats most of them justified, except Cornwall of course.

Guest Snatch

​As far as I was aware we invented the concentration camp before that, for the Froggies in one of our many contretemps over the English Channel....

...so they can't be that bad...?

​Did we really? The froggies you say? Rock on.

Guest Snatch

​You fucking Fen Monkey Deco. All Empires were built on rivers of blood. The British Empire and Nazi Germany are only remembered as the are due to it all happening so recently. Stalin and Pol Pot were equally, if not more ruthless or sadistic.

At the end of the day, it was the Devils in Skirts that built the Empire - here is the proof below :

resource-item__carryonupthekhyber-456--feature.jpg

​I bet that was a right old Carry On up the Khyber.

(See what I did there?)

Guest Gong Farmer

Empires only ever benefit the elites at the top, the ruling and political classes that run it. The British empire was no different as it didn't benefit the masses at all. As far as I know poverty was rife, work houses, debtors prison, poor diet and nothing in the way of health care with the British industrial revolution being powered by an indigenous slave labour of whom never had the vote or much in the way workers rights or anything else in the way of rights for that matter. Gawd bless the British Empire! 

Empires only ever benefit the elites at the top, the ruling and political classes that run it. The British empire was no different as it didn't benefit the masses at all. As far as I know poverty was rife, work houses, debtors prison, poor diet and nothing in the way of health care with the British industrial revolution being powered by an indigenous slave labour of whom never had the vote or much in the way workers rights or anything else in the way of rights for that matter. Gawd bless the British Empire! 

​It did benefit our master cutlers. Every cunt in the world knows that forks were invented in Sheffield.

Guest Snatch

​Not alot has changed really.

The effects of empire are definitely still being felt today. The current generation of home grown extremists are descendants of the massive influx of Muslims from the commonwealth. If we hadn't raped the Indian subcontinent for so long we wouldn't have had the subsequent immigration.

Guest Gong Farmer

​Not alot has changed really.

​Nothing's changed. They just come up with new empires with the latest one being the EU. It's all about creating what they term as 'trading blocks' where the reality is that they intend to form one single Government encompassing as many countries as possible through devious underhanded means. The US, Canada, Mexico and parts of the Caribbean will soon be a borderless trade block with one currency, the 'Amerigo' and one single Government lording it over millions of north and central Americans. The EU is the perfect example of a 'pax empire' where power and sovereignty are won by economics instead of war.  The un-elected powers that be intend to 'trade block' the entire planet so as to make easier to control the populous, to make them obedient and compliant..... as has been achieved with the EU.