CUNTS CORNER TWITTER ACCOUNT ID @CuntsCorner ×
Donations towards site upkeep will be thankfully received and faithfully applied....

Dr owan Williams, Arch-Bishop of Canterbury

CCArchive

• 8 months later...

Now see ..... I don't think he is a cunt. He is a religious philosopher bY trade and I think he did a good job. He was paid to be a bit other worldly and to ask tough questions. What I really liked about him was the. Way he fucked off Richard Dawkins at the Oxford Union and got him to admit that he wasn't a real atheist. I also liked the letter he wrote in response to an inquiry by a 6 year old girl who asked who invented God?

The reply was as follows:

Dear Lulu,

Your dad has sent on your letter and asked if I have any answers. It’s a difficult one! But I think God might reply a bit like this –

‘Dear Lulu – Nobody invented me – but lots of people discovered me and were quite surprised. They discovered me when they looked round at the world and thought it was really beautiful or really mysterious and wondered where it came from. They discovered me when they were very very quiet on their own and felt a sort of peace and love they hadn’t expected. Then they invented ideas about me – some of them sensible and some of them not very sensible. From time to time I sent them some hints – specially in the life of Jesus – to help them get closer to what I’m really like. But there was nothing and nobody around before me to invent me. Rather like somebody who writes a story in a book, I started making up the story of the world and eventually invented human beings like you who could ask me awkward questions!’

And then he’d send you lots of love and sign off. I know he doesn’t usually write letters, so I have to do the best I can on his behalf. Lots of love from me too.

+Archbishop Rowan

• Like 1